Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Wonderous, Fattening Discovery

So I have elected to forgo my usual blathering, for I have some amazing news. We have had two consecutive weekends off, and in that time I have made an astonishing discovery. One that is sure to forever alter the very fabric of my time here in Germany.

With my motivation for crossing the street to grocery shop dwindling (read previous entry to why this is understandably so). I have had no recourse but to order food and have it delivered to me, while it does in fact empower my laziness beyond reason, it comes in handy.

Since Day One here in Germany I have known about a little delivery marvel appreciated by much of Cottbus, and affectionately called, Pizza Amerika. While, PA (as we call it in the "Biz")***, is more or less infinitesimal in the vast universe that is pizza delivery, it is unique in it's ability to deliver pretty much any food the mind can fathom. In other words, when I have an outlandish craving, I can give Pizza Amerika a little jingle and vwalla(?) it appears at my door a mere 30 minutes later.
You're probably thinking, "Wishfull thinking fatty..."
I assure you, you as wrong as I am thankful, for such a wonderous miracle.
While, purusing the official Pizza Amerika website (I said we had 2 weekends off from games, so I have a lot of time on my hands, alright?), I nearly fell out of my chair, for I had discovered what was surely the Holy Grail of delivery menus. To my amazement the assortment of goodies reached far beyond a simple pizza. Burgers, Pasta, Chicken, French Fries, Sandwhiches, Ice Cream, Donuts, Soda, Juice, Beer, Wine, Alcohol, Milkshakes, Salads...and the list could go on like this. Needless to say, I'm happier than Tiger Woods at a Victoria Secret Fashion Show.
And While I've only ventured as far as Pizza, Burgers, French Fries, and Donuts...I will inexorably continue to order up feasts, when ever my hunger pangs couple with my laziness.
I found my calling as a Delivery Food critic, and will report back soon.



In completely unrelated news, there is a fly in my room that I have distainfully nicknamed Hydra, for I feel like every time I kill it...three more seem to appear and buzz in my face.
Anyone know the German word for Bug Zapper?



***Side note: If I ever use the phrase, "the Biz" with air quotes, please, someone push me into a woodchipper.

1 comment:

  1. there isn't a german word for bug-zapper but you can use "Insekten Zerbröseler"
    "zerbröseln" means something like crumble.

    ReplyDelete